FOR INSURANCE CARRIERS/SELF-INSURED EMPLOYERS WHO ARE RESPONDING TO A REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION OF A PAID FAMILY LEAVE DISPUTED CLAIM:
If you have received a REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION as a result of the denial of a claim for paid family leave, you are required to submit your response and supporting documentation as to why you are not paying for the Applicant's paid family leave.
NAM (National Arbitration and Mediation) will contact you after they have received a complete REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION from the Applicant.
TO SUBMIT YOUR RESPONSE TO REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION, YOU WILL NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Upon receipt of a letter of instructions from NAM, complete the RESPONSE TO REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION form within 14 days.
- Attach a copy of the DENIAL LETTER and any additional supporting documentation as to why you denied payment of the claim.
- Remit payment to NAM of the required arbitration fee as stated on NAM's invoice that was sent to you with the instruction letter.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOU RESPONSE TO REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION:
- Online: you can fill out the RESPONSE TO REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION online using this website. You will also be required to upload your supporting documents and the DENIAL LETTER.
- By mail: Please fill out the RESPONSE TO REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION, sign the form, and include a copy of your supporting documentation and the DENIAL LETTER.
- Payment: For payment of the arbitration fee, we accept Credit Cards, PayPal, Money Orders and Business Checks.
- NAM Address:
NAM (National Arbitration and Mediation)
990 Stewart Avenue, First Floor
Garden City, NY 11530
Attention: PFL Arbitrations
NOTICE TO RESPONDENT: You are also required to send a copy of your complete RESPONSE TO REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION form with all supporting documentation to the Applicant.
If you have already submitted a Response (whether online or by mail) and want to check on the status of your Response, please click on "My Account" to log in.