TO SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION, YOU WILL NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Complete a REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION form explaining why you requested paid family leave and that it was denied. Please include the reason given for its denial.
- Attach documentation to support your request for paid leave (such as a birth certificate for a new-born child, military deployment certification, etc.).
- Attach the DENIAL LETTER that you received from the insurance carrier or your employer stating why they are not paying you for your leave.
- Include payment of a $25 filing fee. This fee may be refunded by the insurance carrier or your employer if the Arbitrator finds that you should be paid for your leave.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION:
- Online: you can fill out the REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION online using this website. You will also need to upload your supporting documents and the DENIAL or PFL BENEFITS LETTER. If you choose to file online, you will also need to pay the $25 filing fee online using a Credit Card or PayPal.
- By Mail: if you cannot submit everything required online, then you MUST file your REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION by mail. You can print the REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION form by clicking on the "Submit By Mail" link below. Please fill it out, sign the form, and include a copy of your supporting documentation and the DENIAL LETTER and the $25 filing fee. We ONLY accept Money Orders or Credit Cards for payment of the filing fee. MAIL the REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION form, supporting documents, DENIAL or PFL BENEFITS LETTER and a Money Order or Credit Card authorization form to the address below:
NAM (National Arbitration and Mediation)
990 Stewart Avenue, First Floor
Garden City, NY 11530
Attention: PFL Arbitrations
NOTICE TO APPLICANT: You are also required to send a copy of your complete REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION form with all supporting documentation to the Respondent(s). If you have already submitted a REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION (whether online or by mail and have received login information) and want to check on the status of your Request, please click on "My Account" to log in.